PARKING AT OUR TOWN COTTAGES
- Castle Cottage - Parking in The Angel Hotel car park or in the metered parking area directly across the street.
- Sugarloaf - Parking in The Angel Hotel car park or in the metered parking area directly across the street.
- The Lodge - There is space for 1 car directly in front of the door to The Lodge on the brick paving. Please do not park on the grass or on the driveway obstructing the entrance to the main Castle. Alternatively, you may also park in The Angel Hotel car park.
- No. 17 - Parking in the car park of the Abergavenny Hotel or in the metered parking area directly across the street.
Reserved parking is available at our sister property, The Angel Hotel at rate of £20.00 per car, per night or £35 for electric charging spaces, per car, per night. Alternatively, should you wish not to reserve, parking will be based on availability. Should The Angel Hotel car park be full when you arrive, there is a large and reasonably priced metered car park just across the street. This car park is free after 6.00pm and before 8.00am and has a reduced price on Sundays. Reserved parking must be reserved through us in advance.
PARKING AT OUR COUNTRY COTTAGES
- Old Post Office Cottage - Parking is available in the lower cark park of our sister property, The Walnut Tree
- Ivy Cottage consists of its own private parking area, just below the larger lower car park
- Pont Gilbert Cottage consists of private parking through the gate at the cottage.
WHAT IS THE LOCATION OF THE COTTAGES?
*Castle Cottage, The Lodge Cottage and Sugarloaf Cottagea are all within 2 minutes walking distance of each other and also a 2 minute walk from our sister property, The Angel Hotel
*Ivy Cottage and Old Post Office Cottages are adjacent to each other and a 2 minute walk from our Michelin starred sister property, The Walnut Tree
*Pont Gilbert Cottage is a 5 minute drive from from our Michelin starred sister property, The Walnut Tree.
DO ANY OF THE COTTAGES OFFER GROUND FLOOR ROOMS?
One of our cottages, Castle Cottage offers a ground floor garden room.
Our other cottages offer rooms on the first and/or second floor with approximately 10 stairs up to each floor.
RECOMMENDED RESTAURANTS AND TAXI'S?
We recommend either of our sister properties:
The Walnut Tree
(Michelin starred restaurant, open Wednesdays through to Saturdays for lunches and dinners)
*We offer a complimentary taxi to our sister properties for meals plus a return trip.
CAN WE PROVIDE A Z BED, COT & HIGHCHAIR?
We provide travel cots at no additional charge but unfortunately z beds are not available. You can most certainly provide your own travel cot if preferred.
We provide highchairs.
DO YOU ACCEPT DOGS AND WHAT IS THE CHARGE?
Yes, we provide dogs at a charge of £15 per dog per night. We provide a dog bed per dog and bowl.
DO YOU PROVIDE A CLEANING SERVICE AND BREAKFAST?
Breakfast will be in your refrigerator upon arrival into the cottages.
We provide daily housekeeping service from approximately 12pm and breakfast will be replenished.
We are happy to provide breakfast items prior to arrival if you wish to have an undisturbed stay.
The only exception would be Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day. On these days we provide breakfast items at the beginning of your stay and housekeeping service is not provided on these days.
DO WE OFFER A LATE CHECK OUT?
Our usual check out time is 11am. We can sometimes offer a late check out however this depends upon our occupancy over all of our cottages and if the cottage you are staying in is booked on the day of your departure. We are able to confirm or deny a late check out request the week of your stay.
We recommend booking the cottage for friends or family on the day of your departure so there isn't a rush for you to check out.
CAN WE COOK IN THE COTTAGES?
Our cottages are suitable for light self catering. Some of our cottages consist of an induction stove while other cottages consist of an oven. Have a look at our Cottage Checklist
regarding the kitchen facilities in your chosen cottage.